MoverStats estimates residential moves within Canada every quarter, allowing you to have a more up-to-date view of changing Canadian neighbourhoods. It measures the number of people and households moving in and moving out of each census dissemination area (DA) along with selected demographics and a PRIZM® profile of movers at their destination based on their origin. MoverStats estimates are built using privacy-compliant, mobile movement data that capture changes in nighttime location in combination with Environics Analytics’ DemoStats database and PRIZM® segmentation system. These data are then used as inputs to models, which create estimates that represent the residential population. Access MoverStats in ENVISION to leverage easy-to-use reporting on the geographies you define or as a flat file to add these data to your existing tools.
Distinct counts of movers into or out of a standard geography and other custom analysis types are available as custom projects. Please reach out to your account representative for more information.
Below are documentation and additional resources linked for reference.
- Using the MoverStats - PRIZM® Profile Comparison Tool (opens in new tab)
- Using the MoverStats - Demographic Comparison Tool (opens in new tab)
- Using MoverStats in the Ranking Variables - Trade Area Tool (opens in new tab)
- Using the MoverStats Trends Tool (opens in new tab)
How-to-Read ENVISION Reports
- MoverStats Trends Report (opens in new tab)
- MoverStats - Demographic Comparison Report (opens in new tab)
- MoverStats - PRIZM® Profile Comparison Report (opens in new tab)