There are two types of Allocate installs.
1. A new client that has not previously had Allocate or Alteryx installed
2. An existing client that needs to do a data update
If you have accessed the data from the Environics Analytics File Transfer Server (SFTP) please save the files and unzip them on your computer before starting the install.
If you are new to Allocate, please run the AlteryxDataProductsInstall10.0.9.58645.exe file. This will install Allocate. Alternatively, you can install a copy of Alteryx as it also contains a copy of Allocate. If you already have Alteryx installed, proceed to the Data Install section.
Once you have Allocate or Alteryx installed, please proceed with the below instructions:
- Double click on ‘DataInstall.exe’. The Welcome Screen displays the data sets included on the installation media. Click Next> to proceed with data installation.
- The next screen contains the License Agreement. Click "I Accept the License Agreement" and click Next> to continue.
- The Uninstall Screen displays data sets already installed on the machine. These data sets can be uninstalled by checking the box next to the data set to be removed, or select nothing to keep previously installed data sets. Click Next> to proceed with data installation.
- The Install Screen displays data sets on the installation Media. Select the data sets to install. Click Next> to proceed with data installation.
- Choose a Location to install the data.
- Install to a Local Directory – the typical setup installs the data and its common components on the default directory - THIS IS THE OPTION MOST COMMONLY USED
- Prepare a Network Install – more flexible option when there is more than one user accessing the data, or for additional storage requirements.
- You will be prompted to browse to the directory on the Network where you want the data installed; you need write access to that Network location.
- Register from a Network Location – once the Data has been installed on the Network, browse to that location and run the Data Install executable (DataInstall.exe) on the Local machine. Choose the Register from a Network Location option to complete the install on each Local machine requiring access.
- The data will now begin installing.
- The installation is now complete.
- Once the data install is complete you will need to install the license provided to you in your SFTP account. Double click on the .srclc file and follow instructions for authenticating your license.
If you have any difficulty using the SFTP service please contact SFTP Support at FTPsupport@environicsanalytics.ca
If you have any difficulty or questions about installing Allocate data and/or the license files please contact firstname.lastname@example.org