ENVISION5 allows users to import custom areas in two ways:
ENVISION5 allows users to import a list of geographic codes to create custom areas.
ENVISION5 allows users to import spatial files of existing polygons to create custom areas.
To import a list of geographic codes into ENVISION5:
The file needs to have at least one column containing the data, with at least one row containing the code for the specified geography.
For example, if you were importing a list of Counties, you would need to have a field that contains the specific code for that geography, rather than the name. For more information about geographic codes, please see the Reference Document entitled: Standard Geography Codes and Names - US in the Help/Support section.
- CSV is the suggested file format.
- The first row immediately after the header row must contain data.
- All special characters must be removed from the header row and file name.
- "Special characters" can include characters such as: !@#$%^&*()+:?"/. Generally, the dash - and underscore _ are OK.
- An example of a typical file may look like this:
- To import spatial files of existing polygons into ENVISION5:
- The polygons must be from MapInfo (.TAB), Esri (.SHP), or Alteryx (.YXDB).
- Both Esri Shape files and MapInfo Tab files have additional components that must be present.
- The associated files are as follows: