Here are the steps which outline the best way to create a polygon from two overlapping trade areas in SPOTLIGHT:
1. Log into your SPOTLIGHT account and navigate to Mapping, found near the top of the screen.
2. Select the Table of Contents button found in the mapping toolbar.
3. A window will pop up, click on Areas and select the two areas that overlap. Once you have made your selection, click Done.
4. Click on Reporting, which can be found on the screen beside Mapping, and select the report you want.
5. Click Next at the bottom of that screen, and then Create New Areas.
6. Select the Draw option and move the map to locate your two overlapping trade areas.
7. Select the Polygon option of drawing, click on a point of the overlap, and follow the line with a click to change directions.
8. Once the polygon is created, double click and the polygon should become a translucent orange color - meaning it is complete.
9. Give the polygon a name and click Save, which will automatically take you to the next step.
10. Click Next at the bottom of the page that pops up. Your report will start running.