You can create a thematic map of either a variable or your customers and shade only your existing trade areas. For example, if you have created areas around your store locations, you can now thematically shade all of the corresponding areas. This functionality is similar to the existing features of mapping variables or customers, but the shading will be limited to trade areas only.
- A standard or custom trade area
- A customer file (for customer maps only)
1. In the side panel, click Mapping > Trade Areas > Variable or Customers.
2. In Step 1 – Select an Area of Interest, click Select.
3. Choose your area(s) of interest by selecting the check mark.
4. Click Continue.
5. In Step 2 – Select a Variable, click Select to choose a variable.
6. Click Continue.
7. Choose either Map Count or Map Index.
8. Choose either Graduated Color/Colour Map or Graduated Circle Map.
9. Click Create Map. Your map is created using trade areas as boundaries to constrain the thematic map.
10. In Step 3 – Advanced Options you can adjust your map further.
11. Use Step 4 – Printing Option to export your map.