This document provides an overview of common troubleshooting steps in ENVISION. Prior to working through these steps, please ensure you are using an ENVISION supported browser: Google Chrome or Firefox. We also recommend clearing your cache and cookies from your web browser prior to working through this document. Here are instructions for doing so: Clearing Your Cache
Why do I receive the message: "Oops Something Unexpected Happened" when selecting a tool or page?
Create a new workspace in ENVISION and try testing the functionality again: Creating and Activating a new workspace
Why do I receive a notification when importing a customer file, location file, or spatial file?
- Please review the requirements for importing files: How do I prepare files for importing?
- Review the walk-through documents for importing all types of files:
Why do I see a record count of “NaN” once I import customer, location or spatial file?
- Ensure files are set up correctly. For tabular data, ensure that you have formatted the table properly: Preparing your files for importing
- If it is a spatial file, ensure that the file has all the necessary components, and meets the import requirements: Importing Spatial Files
- Create a new workspace in ENVISION and try testing the functionality again: Creating and Activating a new workspace
Why is my map not rendering or displaying data as expected?
- Toggle on the Zoom in / Zoom out of the map. Different levels of Geography will render at different zoom levels
- Refresh Map webpage try to create map starting at Step 1
- Turn off any redundant mapping layers i.e store locations, customer points. These layers are found in the Table of Contents tab found on the Mapping Toolbar: The Mapping Toolbar
Try creating a new ENVISION workspace, and create the same map: Creating and Activating a new workspace
Why do I receive a notification when trying to map customers?
Why am I getting a blank dashboard once I run a report in ENVISION?
Why is my Distance Decay report appearing blank?
If you are using a Location ID, you must have this turned on for both your customer and location file. You can review the following document about blank dashboards: Why is my Distance Decay report blank?
Why can’t I view or download my report?
- Once you have run a report in ENVISION it must finish processing before you are able to view the dashboard Please ensure you see the check mark beside the report under the “Results”
- Once you have selected a download type, a grey .pdf or .xlsicon appears beside the report. Once the report is finished processing, these icons will be colored/coloured in