VisitorView helps the tourism industry understand where visitors are coming from and when they travel, so you can develop campaign strategies to attract Canadian travellers to each of the 85 tourism regions defined by Destination Canada. The database uses privacy-compliant aggregated and anonymous mobile location data, administrative datasets and analytics to identify Canadian neighbourhoods whose residents have a high propensity to travel within Canada. This innovative product provides neighbourhood-level estimates for the number of overnight visitors, the number of trips and the number of nights spent in Canada, a Province or one of our 85 tourism regions. Two additional measures of Nights per Visitor and Nights per Visit are available in our ENVISION platform. VisitorView is updated monthly so marketers can quickly adjust marketing strategies based on the latest data. Estimates are presented for up to three years including quarterly and monthly data. Comparisons to previous traveler behaviour track changes in the types of travelers, frequency and length of their trips.
- In combination with PRIZM, classify Canadian travellers into one of 67 unique lifestyle types to better understand target audiences
- Target messaging and media strategies to the regions and neighbourhoods in Canada with the best new visitor prospects
- Understand organizations’ relative market share in a geographic area
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing strategies on Canadian visitors
- Tailor organizations' attractions and incentives according to the travel patterns of Canadian visitors, factoring in the type of travel and duration of their stay
Below, you will find some additional resources linked for your reference: release notes and variables list.