VisitorView helps the tourism industry understand where visitors are coming from and when they travel, so you can develop campaign strategies to attract travellers to Canadian destinations and tourism regions.
VisitorView (Canada to Canada)
The database uses privacy-compliant aggregated and anonymous mobile location data, administrative datasets, and analytics to identify Canadian neighbourhoods whose residents have a high propensity to travel within Canada. This innovative product provides neighbourhood-level estimates for the number of overnight visitors, the number of trips, and the number of nights spent in Canada, a Province, or one of our 85 tourism regions. Two additional measures of Nights per Visitor and Nights per Visit are available in our ENVISION platform. VisitorView (Canada to Canada) is updated monthly so marketers can quickly adjust marketing strategies based on the latest data. Estimates are presented for up to four years including quarterly and monthly data. Comparisons to previous traveler behaviour track changes in the types of travelers, frequency, and length of their trips.
VisitorView (Canada to Canada) helps:
- In combination with PRIZM, classify Canadian travellers into one of 67 unique lifestyle types to better understand target audiences
- Target messaging and media strategies to the regions and neighbourhoods in Canada with the best new visitor prospects
- Understand organizations’ relative market share in a geographic area
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing strategies on Canadian visitors
- Tailor organizations' attractions and incentives according to the travel patterns of Canadian visitors, factoring in the type of travel and duration of their stay
Track total trips to Canada and nights spent by source country beyond Canada and the U.S. Using mobile movement data, EA produces visitation estimates to provinces, tourism regions, census divisions, and census subdivisions (50,000+ population) in an easy-to-use dashboard with downloadable data tables. Reports and charts allow you to drill down on origin countries or regions, and Canadian destinations since 2019.
VisitorView International is updated monthly so marketers can quickly adjust marketing strategies based on the latest data.
VisitorView International helps:
- Differentiate seasonal strategies based on insights
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing strategies on visitors to specific destinations
- Tailor the organizations' attractions and incentives according to the travel patterns of visitors, factoring in the duration of their stay
- Better understand the market share of tourism organizations in the region
Below are some additional resources linked for your reference: release notes and variables list.