MobileScapes Out & About identifies populations who are becoming more active as pandemic restrictions begin to ease. Discover who is starting to leave home as the economy re-opens, where they are going, and at what time of day. Use weekly monitoring reports to compare activity week-over-week or year-over-year to provide insights and inform recovery plans. This database is weighted to Household Population 15+ and is built at the Dissemination Area level, then rolled up to higher-level geographies. It is available by week-part (Mon–Fri, Sat–Sun, Mon –Sun) and day-part (eight day-parts).
MobileScapes Out & About offers two levels of insights – Basic and Add-On:
Basic Insights can help your organization analyze:
- People moving beyond 500 meters from the inferred Common Evening Location (CEL) in any observation
- The time of day that people are going out
- The distances that people are traveling
- How long people are away from home when they are out
- More than 10,600 variables
Add-On Insights can help your organization analyze:
- Uses devices’ pre-COVID inferred Common Daytime Location (CDL) to determine the purpose of current movement - are people going to work, school, or other?
- The general greenspace outdoor activity – running, hiking, going to parks, etc.
- The general economic or commercial activity - using an aggregation of retail geofences to create counts of devices seen in a shopping behaviour
- Heavy Commuter Rail usage
- More than 14,500 variables
Below you will find some additional resources linked for your reference: release notes, metadata and variable list.