You can use the MobileScapes Out & About - Activity Trend tool to identify populations who are becoming more active as pandemic restrictions begin to ease. This tool allows you to discover who is starting to leave home as the economy re-opens, where they are going and at what time of day. Use reports to compare activity week-over-week or versus the same time last year to provide insights and inform recovery plans.
Use WalkMe Through to be taken through a step-by-step of this process in ENVISION itself! Click on the WalkMe Through button below to get started!
- One or more Trade Areas
1. Launch the MobileScapes Out & About - Activity Trend tool.
2. Click Next.
3. Select one or more Trade Areas by clicking the check mark next to it. You can also use the search bar to find your desired area(s).
4. Use the drop-down list to select the Year for the set of variables that you would like to analyze. The year selected should be the most recent of the two years that will be used in the trend report. For example, when running trends for 2019 to 2020, select “2020” in this step.
5. You will then be prompted to select the Time Period (Months or Weeks). Use the drop-down list to select the desired time band for your analysis.
Note: There is approximately a one week period between when Out & About data is built and updated. This has implications for selecting the most recent time period. When the data is not yet available the report will produce values of zero. There may also be times when the “Full Year” data will not yet be available for all listed years.
6. You will then be prompted to select the Summary Level for your analysis. The three options represent how the data will be aggregated: by weekday only (Monday to Friday), by weekend only (Saturday and Sunday), or the total of all days in the week (Monday to Sunday). Use the drop-down list to select the appropriate summary level for your analysis.
7. Select a comparison time period for your analysis. The Year selected must represent the earlier time period. For example, when running trends for 2019 to 2020, select “2019” here. The selections for both the Time Period and Summary Level must be the same as those selected for the previous (recent) time period.
8. Customize the report name and click Create Dashboard. You will see a notification in the bottom-right corner indicating that your report is being created.
Navigate to the Results page to access your Dashboard.