We are excited to announce the upcoming release of significant enhancements to our ENVISION mapping module. The mapping in ENVISION was rebuilt from the ground up using Esri's ArcGIS 4.x API. The new mapping module provides users with an improved map creation workflow, more layer editing capabilities, increased map interaction and the ability to use the map as a reporting interface. The new workflow will save you time and help your organization better understand spatial patterns and relationships, enabling you to make more informed decisions.
New capabilities include:
- Setting the mapping module as your home page
- Ability to open previously saved maps so you don’t have to recreate your maps from scratch
- Functionality to overlay multiple thematic layers using multiple data sources
- Ability to rearrange the map layer display order
- Improved legend control
- Improved layer style editing (fill, border, colour, etc.)
- Customization of your map extents using continuous zoom and/or rotation options
- More rendering types available (simple, heat, categorical)
- Functionality to run and print QuickStats and Dashboards right from the map interface view
The release of these new mapping enhancements will result in discontinuing access to any existing mapping tools, which means that you will no longer be able to access previously saved settings, such as saved colours, ranges, bookmarks or symbology. As a user, you will need to recreate your maps using the new mapping module.
Please see the following guides to get you up and running with the new mapping interface.
Join one of our training sessions listed below for an in-depth look at the new ENVISION Mapping interface and upgraded functionality.
You can also use TeachMe, which is built right into the ENVISION platform and allows you to follow a prescribed learning path to quickly and easily learn about your data and the most popular analysis types conducted in ENVISION. TeachMe allows you to track your progress so that you can continue right where you left off the next time you log into ENVISION. And if you have already completed a course or lesson, you can always go back and do them again for additional practice and refer colleagues who may want to learn more.
This new training tool adds another way of learning ENVISION functionality. Access the TeachMe courses by logging into ENVISION and clicking on the Training and Support Resources link found at the top of the page as you see below.