What is SPOTLIGHT Canada?
SPOTLIGHT Canada provides users access to Environics Analytics' industry-leading data, with dozens of reports to help understand the demographic profile, lifestyle segments, spending habits, consumer demand, and retail opportunity of any area of interest. Learn more about your journey with SPOTLIGHT by clicking through the links outlined in the section below.
Getting Started with SPOTLIGHT Canada
- Understand the data you license by reviewing our Data Knowledge Base (opens in new tab).
- Build your knowledge of how to use SPOTLIGHT by reviewing our Reporting (opens in new tab) page.
- Utilize our How-to-Read SPOTLIGHT Reports (opens in new tab) to help you interpret your reports.
SPOTLIGHT User Interface tour
When you first log in to SPOTLIGHT, you will land on the reporting page. Begin your SPOTLIGHT experience by reviewing our User Interface outline:
- My Areas serves as a repository for your created areas. In this section, you can create or delete trade areas and edit trade area names.
- Reporting is where users have access to their licensed reports in SPOTLIGHT. Pick one or multiple reports to build your tailored report. Learn more about reporting by reviewing our Reporting (opens in new tab) page.
- Mapping allows users to build visual snapshots of data overlaid on your trade areas. Learn more about mapping in SPOTLIGHT by following our Mapping (opens in new tab) page.
- Results is where you will access and download your completed SPOTLIGHT reports and maps. Learn about the navigation features and download options (opens in new tab).
- Contact Us takes users to our support ticket form. Use this if you have any SPOTLIGHT questions.
- Workspace Vintage identifies the vintage year of the data used in SPOTLIGHT. Find out when the newest data will be available by reviewing our Data Update (opens in new tab) article.
- My Account is where users can manage several account settings, including resetting their password, view order history and subscription settings, and access the help and support pages for SPOTLIGHT resources. Learn more about My Account (opens in new tab).
- Report selection allows users to select one or many reports in combination. Take a look at our Reporting (opens in new tab) page to learn more.
- Data Vintage Toggle enables users to quickly toggle between data vintages, this toggle provides the same function as #6 workspace vintage.
- Favourites allows users to filter the list of reports by their previously selected "favourites" that they use regularly. Add to your favourites list by scrolling over the report and clicking on the star.
- Save Report Order allows users to save the customized order of their reports.
- Next button navigates to the next page. There are three pages in SPOTLIGHT: Select Reports, Select Areas, and View Results.
Need more help?
If you have any additional questions or are having trouble accessing your SPOTLIGHT account, please review our FAQ (opens in new tab) page.
For further assistance, please email our Support (opens in new window) team.