At Environics Analytics, respecting privacy is an important part of our commitment to our clients, staff, and the general public. We are committed to high standards that require honesty, integrity, and fairness. We act in strict accordance with the Data and Marketing Association’s Guidelines for Ethical Business Practices and the Canadian Marketing Association’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, which are mandatory for all members.
Who We Are
Environics Analytics’ (“EA”) primary business is to provide marketing data to clients in Canada and the U.S. The data products that EA creates, uses, and shares with clients are composed of anonymized, geo-demographic, or survey data at the postal code or dissemination area in Canada and at the ZIP+6 or Block Group level in the U.S. We do not collect, use or disclose any personally identifiable information (PII) in the creation of these data products.
EA adheres to strict privacy principles.
EA values and adheres to a comprehensive set of tools that enable EA to be an active member of the privacy compliance community.
The following are EA’s privacy principles:
- EA only uses 100% privacy-compliant data as inputs for product development.
- Personal information provided to EA by clients is used solely for the purpose of their business and is safeguarded in client-specific firewalled locations in secured data centers.
- Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes is not kept longer than we determine is reasonably necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- EA complies with legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
- Personal data is only to be used for the purposes to which the provider consented.
- Personal data held on behalf of clients is not shared with any third party under any circumstances unless there was explicit consent to the sharing.
- No personally identifiable data is used by Environics Analytics in its data products.
- Data products are modeled from statistical information for geographic aggregations using well-accepted statistical modeling techniques or are aggregations of completely anonymized data and fully conform to all privacy legislation in Canada, the United States, and Europe and to all standards set by organizations such as Statistics Canada.
- EA is SSAE SOC1 and SOC2 and HIPAA compliant - the highest auditable standards for data processing, security, and privacy.
- EA is aligned with the standards of the industry self-regulatory standards such as the DAA OBA Principles and the NAI 2020 Code of Conduct.
- EA operates in accordance with strict privacy and security policies and procedures, consistent with Canadian, U.S., and EU privacy laws and regulations (including PIPEDA, GLBA, CCPA, GDPR).