ENVISION allows users to import custom areas in two ways:
- A list of geographic codes to create custom areas
- Spatial files of existing polygons to create custom areas
To import a list of geographic codes into ENVISION:
- The file needs to have at least one column containing the data, with at least one row containing the code for the specified geography. For example, if you were importing a list of Provinces or States, you would need to have a field that contains the specific code for that geography, rather than the name.
- CSV is the suggested file format
- The first row immediately after the header row must contain data
- All special characters (@#$%^&* etc.) must be removed from the header row and file name.
An example of a typical file:
To import spatial files of existing polygons into ENVISION:
- The polygons must be from MapInfo (.TAB), Esri (.SHP), or Alteryx (.YXDB)
- Both Esri Shapefiles and MapInfo Tab files have additional components that must be present
- The associated files are as follows: