Once you have imported your customers into ENVISION, the Ranking Areas - Customers report lists the number of customers you have within chosen geographies. It is a preliminary report used to understand where your customers are coming from.
- An imported customer file
- At least one standard area created in ENVISION
1. Use the search box or scroll through the tools to find the Ranking Areas – Customers tool.
2. Launch the tool by clicking the Play icon that appears when you hover over it.
3. The following dialog box will appear.
- Standard Geography (By geographic detail levels) compares your customers to one or more standard geographies.
- Standard Geography (By customer files) compares multiple subcategories of your customer file to a standard geography.
- My Areas compares your customers to a custom Trade Area made by you.
4. Select Next.
5. Select the appropriate area of interest.
Note: In the Area of Interest section, you will typically want to choose the area that is largest and encompasses most, if not all, of your customers.
6. From the Geographic Detail Level list, choose a level of geography. If you selected the Standard Geography (By geographic detail levels) type, you can choose more than one input for Geographic Detail Level. For example, Census Subdivision and Dissemination Area.
7. In the Customer File section, select the customer file that you want to analyze. Expand it and click the box next to the Record Count option to get a count of customers in each geographic area. If you selected the Standard Geography (By customer files) type, you can batch the customer data based on categories selected when importing the file.
8. Click Create Dashboard.
9. The final report can be found on the Results page. However, when you expand the results panel on your report, you can slice the data based on the multiple geography levels you selected or the fields selected for customer batching.
The report will update accordingly.
Tip: To easily and quickly compare the different slices of your report, download it as an Excel file from ENVISION in Side-by-Side format.
For more information about interpreting results for this report, please see our How-to-Read documentation.