BusinessProfiles presents counts of businesses, employees, and sales volumes summarized by NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) codes for any area in the U.S. The database also includes the number of businesses with 100 or more employees per NAICS code.
ENVISION features five different BusinessProfiles reports to help you understand the business composition of a trade area. The reports can help your business identify areas suitable for expansion based on the number of businesses, competitors, total employees, and total sales for the area.
BusinessProfiles includes the following reports:
- The Major Sectors Report presents data for two- and three-digit NAICS codes from Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting (NAICS 11) to Public Administration (NAICS 92).
- The Construction & Manufacturing Sectors Report presents data for three- and four-digit NAICS codes associated with construction and manufacturing. For instance, Construction of Buildings (NAICS 236) includes data on all the related four-digit NAICS codes, such as Residential Business Construction (NAICS 2361).
- The Healthcare Sector Report presents data for two-, three- and six-digit NAICS codes associated with healthcare. For example, Health Care and Social Assistance (NAICS 62) includes data on all related three-digit NAICS codes, such as Nursing and Residential Care Facilities (NAICS 623), as well as the related six-digit NAICS codes like Assisted Living Facilities for the Elderly (NAICS 623312).
- The Retail Sector Report presents data for two-, three- and six-digit NAICS codes associated with retail, including accommodation and food services. For example, Retail Trade (NACS 44) includes data on all related three-digit Clothing and Clothing Accessories Stores (NAICS 448), as well as the related six-digit NAICS codes, such as Women's Clothing Stores (NAICS 448120).
- The Services Sectors Report presents data for two-, three- and six-digit NAICS codes associated with the services industry. For example, Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services (NAICS 54) includes data on all related three-digit NAICS codes, such as Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services (NAICS 541), as well as all related six-digit NAICS codes, like Offices of Lawyers (NAICS 541110).
The BusinessProfiles reports are created by aggregating data from the Businesses product. Businesses is a comprehensive database of more than 15 million U.S. business locations. It contains firmographic data, including critical information, such as the number of employees, annual sales and the applicable NAICS codes.
Below are some additional resources linked for your reference: release notes, NAICS codes, descriptions, and lookup.