In this session, you will learn how to address common business questions, including:
- How do I describe my area of study?
- How does this area compare to other areas?
- What are the demographic, financial, psychographic and media/behaviour/lifestyle variables in a custom trade area or standard level of geography?
The functionality we will cover will ensure you understand how to:
- Create areas based on both standard geographies and custom definitions
- Create batch trade areas for imported locations
- Use your areas to produce reports reflecting demographic, financial, and behaviour details, as well as lifestyle types through segmentation
- Share your results with internal or external stakeholders using our microsite functionality
Self-Guided Training Best Practices:
- It is best to follow the basic training flow in the same order of the steps provided in the lessons (e.g., you may need to create an asset before you can run a report).
- The links provided for the QuickStart documents (where available) and sample data (where applicable) will open a page in the Community. Feel free to use the sample files provided if you do not have your own data to use.
- The links provided for the Walk-Throughs will open in ENVISION (and prompt you to log in if you haven't already) and launch our WalkMe tool to guide you through all the steps of the given task. Pay close attention to the prompts within the walk-through.
- Prior to starting the Self-Guided Introductory Training Outline, please complete the Getting Started tasks.
If you do not have your own location list available, please download the files you need from our Canadian Sample Files page.
Ready to start Trade Area Analysis? Proceed to Set-Up: Trade Area Analysis