Many navigation and download features are built into the completed reports when viewed in the SPOTLIGHT Canada interface. Learn about all these helpful features and how they can elevate your SPOTLIGHT experience in this article.
There are four sections to this article:
When you have set up your reports and they have finished running, we encourage you to download and save them.
There are a few ways to navigate to the Results page to view your completed reports:
1. Through links provided in the email sent to the address associated with the account.
2. In SPOTLIGHT, click on the Results link found at the top of any page.
Note: When reports have been completed, they will be accompanied by an icon appended to Results, as shown above. Only unopened reports will be counted.
3. In SPOTLIGHT, on the View Results page, click the Results icon in the middle. You can only access this page when setting up a report.
Report names and details shown in bold text on the results page are new and have not yet been viewed. Click the name of the report to open it. If the report has this icon in the left column , it has not yet finished processing and will not open until complete.
There are a couple of essential features on the results page worth noting: deleting and renaming reports.
1. Deleting reports: once you have downloaded and finished with your reports, it may be helpful to periodically delete reports to keep the page clean and make navigation easier.
You can delete multiple reports by clicking on the checkmark for each and then clicking on the gear icon at the top of the page. To select all your completed reports, click on the topmost checkmark found in the table header.
2. Renaming reports: You can do so on the results page if you missed naming your report during the setup process. Click on the gear icon to the right of the report to bring up the menu with the rename option.
1. On the results page, open a report by clicking on its name or clicking on the gear icon to the right to open the menu containing the Open Dashboard option.
2. Once a report is open, use the keyboard shortcuts to navigate through your report quickly. Use the left and right arrows to turn the pages. Use the up and down arrows to switch between multiple trade areas if you used them in the report.
3. Another option to explore your report is found in the side panel. Click on the arrow or pushpin on the left of the report. The pushpin option allows you to view both the side panel and the report page without any overlay.
4. In the Navigation section, switch between trade areas in the Select an Area dropdown menu. Also, navigate to a specific page by clicking it on the list.
5. Another helpful feature in the side panel is presentation mode. Presentation mode removes the SPOTLIGHT banner at the top of the page and the side panel for a full-page view.
Turn on presentation mode by clicking on the play icon at the bottom of the side panel window . Turn it off by hitting the Esc key on your keyboard.
1. In an open report, click on the side panel icon to view the Download Data section.
2. Click Download Data to view all available options.
- Batch Reports: outputs are formatted reports, one per data slice (available output formats include PDF and XLSX)
- Side-by-Side: outputs a single formatted report with each data slice side-by-side (available output formats include PDF and XLSX)
- Long File: outputs as an unformatted table with each data slice stacked one below the other (available output formats include XLSX, CSV, and ACCDB)
Note: Not all reports support all three download options. Reports containing images, icons, and graphs can only be downloaded as batch reports. Tabular reports will be able to download as either side-by-side or long file, or both.
3. Choose your download option and click Create to process your file.
4. There are several file customization options for each file type. Find these options in the dropdown arrow located next to the Create icon.
PDF Options: the following settings can be adjusted for PDFs
- Document Size: allows you to change the page size of the output PDF
- Orientation: this enables you to change the orientation of the output PDF pages. If this is set to the default, Automatic, the pages will adjust to fit the report pages best.
- Margins: allows you to adjust the size of the margins
- Zoom: allows you to increase the size of the contents on the page. It is recommended to keep the zoom level to 100%.
- Merge Documents: combines all reports into a single PDF if you used multiple trade areas. Keeping this off will provide a separate PDF for each trade area.
- Title Page: will add a title page to the PDF output
- Table of Contents: will add a table of contents to the PDF output
Data Export Options: this applies to XLSX, CSV, and ACCDB files.
Here you can select which data fields you want to be exported. To remove any fields from the download, click the on/off switch to off. Once the desired fields are selected, click OK at the bottom of the window.
7. Once any customizations are applied, then click Create to process your file.
A message prompt will flash in the bottom-right corner of your screen, confirming that the report is processing. Another message prompt will appear once the files are ready for download. Click the download button.
If you miss the message prompt to download your report, navigate the Results page. You will find an icon specific to the file type chosen in the Type column for your report. Click the icon to open the file.