You can create a thematic map of either a variable or your customers and symbolize the data within your existing Trade Areas. For example, if you have created areas around your store locations, you can thematically shade all of these corresponding areas. This functionality is similar to the features of mapping variables or customers, but the symbolization will be limited to Trade Areas only.
- At least three Trade Areas
- For a customer map:
- An imported customer file
1. In the side panel, click Mapping.
2. Click on the Add Layer tab.
3. For Variable and Customer layers, select My Trade Areas.
4. Select your variable or customer file.
5. Once you have made your selection, click Next.
6. Use the search bar to find your desired Trade Areas. Click the check mark next to the Trade Areas that you'd like to include in your map.
7. Click Next.
8. Specify the Map Type.
9. Click Create Layer.
Your map is created using Trade Areas as boundaries to constrain the thematic map.
10. Edit the style of your map to suit your preferences.
11. Click Update Style once you are complete.
12. Navigate to the Content pane to see your map layers.
Each layer is driven by a workflow. You can rearrange layers by dragging them up and down, projecting the layers onto your map accordingly.
14. Navigate to the Save Map tab and add a Title and Description. Once complete, click Save. All saved maps are accessible through the Open Map tab.
15. You can export your map using the Print tab, which also provides further customization options.