Create distance or time-based Trade Areas around multiple locations. You also have the option to create custom areas around locations within the mapping interface.
Use WalkMe Through as a step-by-step guide to this process in ENVISION. Click on the WalkMe Through button below to get started!
- An imported location file
1. In the side panel, navigate to My Data > Locations.
2. There are two different ways to create areas within the Locations File page.
The first method allows you to select all the records in a locations file. Click on the gear icon, to the right of the file name and select Create Areas.
The second method allows you to select specific locations from a location file. To do this, click on the name of the location file.
3. Click the gear icon at the top and three options appear:
Select Filter: Chooses an existing filter that will be applied to your location file.
Create Areas: Defines the Trade Area type and unit of measurement.
Delete Selected: Deletes selected records from the location file.
4. Choosing Create Areas in either method will lead to the same pop-up where area(s) around locations can be created by Time or Distance.
Selecting Time will allow you to choose from a list of configurations: Drivetime, Walking, Drivetime - Heavy Traffic, or Drivetime - Night.
Selecting Distance will allow you to choose either Linear Distance or Drive Distance, measured by Miles or Kilometers.
5. Once defined, click Next Step.
6. You can define areas by Constant (every location receives the same size areas) or Dynamic (sizes are read from an existing field in your data). Adjust the Sizes around your areas. For including multiple sizes, ensure that you place a comma ( , ) after each size. Click Next.
Note: The Remove Overlap setting will only appear if you choose the second pathway (creating areas around select locations, not all) and Distance as the area type. However, this function is not available for multiple Trade Area sizes.
- ON indicates that there will be no overlap.
- OFF indicates that there will be an overlap between Trade Areas.
7. Add a Description and any necessary Tags to your location file.
8. Turn the Available in All Workspaces switch on or off as required.
- ON indicates that this file is available in every workspace
- OFF indicates that this file is only available in the current workspace
9. Click Create.
10. You will receive a notification indicating that your areas are being created, you will also receive a notification when the file becomes available for use.
In the side panel, navigate to My Data > Areas to view your new Trade Area(s).