In ENVISION, you can add a single location using coordinates or address information. You may wish to add a single location manually to an existing location file, or you may wish to import a file containing a single location. Both instances are outlined below.
Manually Adding a Location to an Existing File
- In the side panel, click My Data > Locations.
- In the Location Files page, click the name of the file that you would like to add to.
- In the Location Details page, click Add Location.
- Manually enter your location attributes in the new row.
Note: If you are unsure about the attributes of a specific field, we recommend still placing a value (ex. 0 or N/A) instead of leaving the field blank.
- Once updated, click Save.
You will receive a notification when the file becomes available for use. Your added location will also be available in the Results page.
Importing a Single Location into ENVISION
Before importing your location, it is important that your file is formatted correctly. Please see How do I prepare data for importing files? (opens in new tab)
- Import your single location into ENVISION the same way that you would import a location file. Please see Importing Locations (opens in new tab) for more information.
- In the side panel, go to My Data > Locations, where you will find a repository of your imported locations.